Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Book Club at Dragon Fly

This book club I'm in is fairly new. We've only met four times and we spend way more time talking, drinking, and eating than we do talking about the book. Our book this month was Water for Elephants. Isn't that how it should be?? Last night was no different. We usually meet at someones house but this time Kris, who's house it was at decied to move it to Dragon Fly Restaurant. I love the food there. It also just happened to coinside with this whole month being half off their menu. Last night also coinsided with the KidZone fundraiser so it was quite busy. To the hostess's credit, when I made the reservation I was told there was a fundraiser going on so it was going to be crowded.

I don't think you can go anywhere in Truckee and not see people you know. That's one of the things I love about living here. Last night was no different. We're waiting at the bar and ran into so many people. Most were there for the fundraiser though.

It took us awhile to get get seated so we opted to move to the bar and have a drink. No sooner was I talking to the bartender when our table was ready. No problem, I'l just order my wine at the table. So many amazing dishes on the menu. We ordered their atomic shrimp, roasted garlic, artichoke, and calamari, and a Hawaiin roll. All the food was great. Now, Paulette had this really amazing looking dish. It was thinly sliced flank steak with peanut sauce and a hot stone that you cook the meat on. That was good. Ijust had to have a taste of that one.

We did talk about the book a little. May favorite part is listening to what everyone likes and dislikes about the book. We even made a toast to Rosie!! We paid the bill and talked about our next book and which person is hosting. Our next book is going to be two books actually. We're going to read Glass Castles and Half Broke Horses, neither of which I have heard of.

No comments:

Post a Comment