Sunday, May 2, 2010

Why weekends are so busy

As I lay in bed on Sunday night thinking about the last forty eight hours it always amazes me what we crammed into the weekend. Having four kids and a husband who works out of town doesn't leave a lot of room for lazy Sundays. Atleast there are two people to help out with the driving, but sadly sometimes not even that is enough. I've relied on my parents many many weekends to cart kids to their various activities. This weekend was really no different.

Alex had a sleepover thing Saturday night so he was the easy one. It turns out he had orientation for his new summer job on Sunday. Quick text to him letting him know there would be no sleeping in on Sunday after the sleepover. I know, call me crazy, but I was still hoping there would be some sleep involved. He's at orientation at 9:00. Olivia had a soccer game in Carson City NV at 12:30. At first this seems totally doable. Except, a soccer game that starts at 12:30 means we leave the house at 10:30. It takes over an hour to get to Carson City and she needs to be there 45 minutes early.

My plan was for Alex to walk home after orientation (work is about a fifteen minute walk). Well that plan went awry because he had so much stuff to carry. Quick, someone go out and grab Alex's stuff so he can walk home somewhat unencombered. Snacks packed, car loaded with chairs, we're now off to the soccer game. We get there and Olivia goes off to fine her team and I head to the playground with Riley. The game starts on time but really seems like it goes on alot longer than an hour.

Finally the game is done and now I have two sorta hungry kids. Off we go to Subway and then McDonalds for little ice cream cones. You gotta have ice cream when it's 60 degrees and so HOT!! We didn't get home until 3:30 and now my car has to go into the shop. Drop kids off at home and pick up the other car to be worked on. It's now 5:30 and I'm hoping dinner will make itself. Oh and Alex needs a ride to campaingers in Glenshire in a few hours.

While I sit at the computer wishing dinner would make itself I am at last remembering all the dirty clothes sitting in the laundry room. I need to wash clothes so Terry can head to work on Monday with clean clothes. Ahh the life of a mom with four kids. I think what I really need is a wife. HMMM . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment