Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Fascination with Blogs

I have wanted to start a blog for so long. It seems like something always got in the way, but I continued to read other peoples blogs for years. What makes blogs so fascinating? I think for me it's the ultimate act of voyerism. I love to sit and watch other people and how they live their lives, how the parent their children, and how they act in adversity.



Growing up my dad was in the military and we moved around alot. I got very good and picking up and moving to a new state or even country and starting over. I had to not only get used a new house, new school, but new set of dynamics. How was I going to integrate myself into the school and how was I going to make friends. One of the best ways is to sit back and observe. This strategy has worked well for me.



When reading blogs I can get a glimpse or picture of that person's life. How is their marriage, what is their relationship with God, and how are their children. It's so much easier to follow blogs than sit on a park bench and watch people at the park. It's truely amazing how connected you become to other people's familys. I have worried about kids with horrible medical problems, I've laughed at the mom who's child painted the room with vaseline, and I've prayed for the family who's husband was losing his job.



But now it's my turn. It's my turn to let others have a glimpse at my life; the good, the bad, and the truely stressful! My hope for this blog is to be as honest as possible and let others see that life gets messy with four kids, a dog, and a husband that works in another city.

No comments:

Post a Comment